Does this sound arrogant, that I’m making a list of things that make me awesome? Probably, but I don’t think it should. Everyone should think they’re awesome. Sometimes I feel like we’re not “allowed” to admit when we’re good at things. If someone asks me if I’m smart, I don’t feel like I can say yes, even though I know I am. I have to do a little “ermm…sorta…yeah…I guess so…maybe” kind of answer. But what’s so wrong with admitting that?It feels a little awkward to do this post, but hey, awkward things can be fun.
- I’m smart, like school smart. I make good grades. I test well. I’m in the top of most of my classes. (Street smart…not so much.) But I also think I’m good at not being annoying about it and making other people feel stupid.
- I have fantastic taste in music. Please ask me for recommendations, that makes me so happy.
- I’m really sarcastic and cool people think that’s funny. I have a really dry sense of humor and sometimes people don’t catch it but sometimes I can really make people laugh and I like that.
- I’m good at making adults love me. I’m great at being polite and making small talk so parents or older friends tend to love me.
- I’m good at reading. Is this a skill? Kinda. I’m a fast reader I guess I should say. And I have great taste in books (again, I think).
- I’m good at fishtailing (a kind of braid).
- I’m athletic and strong. Like for my size, which is small.
- I’m great at arguing, especially in formal debate. I think logic & debate was one of the best classes I’ve taken. Because of it, I can point out your fallacies all day.
- I’m good at being excited about silly things that most people don’t care about, like whale sharks.
- I’m good with kids. I don’t want kids, but they tend to like me.
- I’m adventurous! I want to travel everywhere and do awesome things.
- I’m good at accessorizing! Especially with statement necklaces.
- I have cool looking eyes. Sometimes they’re brown, sometimes they’re green, sometimes I’ve got one of each.
- I’m pretty. That was the hardest one to write and I’m convinced you’re all gonna judge me, but hey, I think so. And I think you should think you’re pretty too.
- I’m good at time management. I’m rarely late for things and I almost always get things done when I want to even if I only have a short amount of time.
- I’m really good at spelling. When I was younger, I was in a lot of spelling bees, so now I know how to spell weird things like antediluvian.
- Semi-related, I kick butt at Scattergories and Scrabble.
- I plan for the future.
- I’m naturally curious about lots of things.
- I don’t take myself too seriously.
Join the awkwardness–what’s good about you? What makes you awesome?
By the way, I got this idea from another blog who called it an “Awesome List” but for the life of me, I can’t figure out who it is. If anyone knows the blog, please let me know so I can credit!